Friday, January 28, 2011

Texture Scavenger Hunt!

WARNING!!!
I am absolutely HORRIBLE at conveying textures through paint. You can forget it...
These are my textures. From left to right, they are as follows:
-Dirt
-Leaf
-Stone
-Another Leaf
-Brick
-Cloth, pants

None of them really... succeeded, but that's why I'm in school, isn't it?

EDIT: Last 4 are as follows:
-Cloth, shirt
-Something fuzzy
-The back of my hand
-The floor


Still didn't particularly succeed at these either. But just you wait. Once I post my expression studies, you'll be in AWE!!!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you are horrible at painting, or conveying texture. The good thing is that you gave it a try and remember we all start somewhere. Also i really love your cloth and fuzzy painting, The shirt is subtle and realistic in the sense that you believe those folds. and the something fuzzy is fantastic! i love the way you executed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks, Fidencio! I appreciate the feedback!
    I knew I wasn't going to be spectacular at it, but I wasn't sure if I quite got some of the textures down. But I'm glad I was able to convince you of the cloth and the fuzzy thing. :]

    ReplyDelete