Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Finished Tableau Vivant.

Yeah, so, I was thinking "ALRIGHT! I DID IT!" Then I got it critiqued. Basically nobody used the blue, brown, and white in the way that our teacher had in mind, except for like two people. I dunno, if I would've known what he wanted, I would've done that. I succeeded slightly with the grass texture, but he didn't like the blue and brown "sections" (which, mind you, every section has some brown and blue in it, for the most part, even the jeans). And I guess I didn't really succeed as much as I was hoping.

I always feel like maybe I did a good job, then critique comes and it turns out all the things I thought I did well I didn't do as well. I know critique is to help you improve, but I was just hoping I'd done better. Oh well... I know what to fix, but I don't... I've already painted over the background, because everyone hated it, and in all honesty, I don't know WHAT I'm gonna put back there. And the space is awful in this, because I just don't know how to paint that way and "convey space" or whatever like he wants, so... I don't know. I have a week to fix this. Not sure how it's gonna go. At least they said it was a start...?

No comments:

Post a Comment