Thursday, March 10, 2011

Periodic Table Project

It's been awhile, but I've been working on my periodic table project, with my Gold illustration (NOT my "God" illustration that I almost typed XD).

SOOOOOO... here we go!
The Drawing

The Underpainting
Work in progress
 Another work in progress

The final project

The project isn't done yet, but this is what I have so far. I plan on fixing his skin and the clouds a little bit. He also wants more defined edges, so that will probably happen too. :D

2 comments:

  1. Hey Aspen. Looking good. What's the story here exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Aaron. Thanks!

    Sorry I haven't responded until now. I saw your comment but never got around to responding.

    The story goes like this: The bald man is Fritz Haber. He was a man who researched the amount of gold in sea water (because apparently there is gold dissolved in sea water). Based on current estimations, there are about 13.7 million tons of gold in sea water. He wanted to find a way to extract the gold so Germany could pay off war debts from WW1. But as of yet, there is no way to get the gold out.

    He's trying to pan for gold in the ocean with the golden fleece. One of the ways they think the myth began was that people would wash the fleece from their sheep or whatever in a river, which had gold deposits in it, and that the little bits of gold would get stuck in the fleece. ANOTHER reason they think it came about was because there is a method of gold washing that involves lining the box with fleece.

    I'm not a fan of gold jewelry, to tell you the truth. But when I figured out that there is gold in sea water all of a sudden I got interested. And came up with this!

    ReplyDelete